- ABOUT US
- Calendar and News
- READING PLAN
- The Chosen
Thought For Today: A True Friend
What is the Value of a True Friend? This is seen in the relationship between David and Jonathan. The value of a true spiritual friend is that often they show greater faith in God’s promises for your life than you do.
So there is real value in having a true “spiritual” friend. Yet, to have a true spiritual friend like Jonathan, we must be a Jonathan to others.
So, what does the Bible say about a true friend.
• Always Loves (Proverbs 17:17),
• Always Sticks by You (Proverbs 18:24),
• Spurs You On (Proverbs 27:17),
• Always Tells the Truth (Proverbs 27:6),
• Always is Interested in Your Best (Philippians 2:4),
• Never Forsakes You (Proverbs 17:10), and
• Goes the Extra Mile (Matthew 2:1-5).
But to get the truest sense of what it means being a friend; look at Jesus.
“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” (John 15:15)
Wednesday Evening Bible Study